Thank you for choosing Gulf Coast Dental Center. We are truly honored by the trust that our patients place in us, and we do not take your oral health lightly. Whether you are visiting us for a simple teeth whitening treatment, or complex full mouth reconstruction, you can be rest assured that we will never compromise our elevated standards of excellence. We strive to meet and exceed your expectations at every visit.
Your dentist will always provide you with detailed aftercare instructions for any procedure performed. It is important to follow those instructions closely, to ensure the success of the treatment and your comfort. If you are wondering what to expect, here is a summary of the care instructions for the most common procedures:
- Root canal therapy – There may be lingering soreness for a few days, comparable to that following a filling. It can usually be controlled with over the counter pain relievers.
- Crowns and bridges – If you are wearing a temporary restoration, you will need to avoid hard, sticky foods that may dislodge it.
- Fillings and bonding – Your teeth may be slightly sensitive for a few days, so it is advisable to avoid overly hot or cold foods.
- Scaling planing – Your gums may feel irritated, and it is advisable to rinse your mouth with tepid saltwater two or three times a day. Pain or sensitivity should resolve in a few days.
- Veneers – You will be provided with temporary veneers while the permanent ones are being created. During this time, avoid hard or sticky foods, which could loosen the temporaries.
- Extractions – Following the surgery, you will need to rest with your head elevated. Be sure to keep the incision clean and change the gauze as instructed by your dentist. You will need to eat foods like pudding, which do not need chewing. Suction can loosen the sutures, so avoid smoking or drinking through a straw.
- Teeth whitening – Over time, your teeth will darken and acquire new stains. Touch-up treatments may be needed, usually once or twice a year. You can extend the results of whitening by keeping your teeth clean, avoiding tobacco products, and using a straw when consuming dark beverages.
As always, call us at (228) 863-6413
if you have any questions or concerns.
For your convenience, we have supplied forms that can be filled on line. Click on the links below, complete the information and click the submit button. We will have them all ready for you when you make your first visit! We look forward to greeting you!
Patient Before & After Pictures